"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, April 14, 2012

Andrew Weil's Guided Breathing Meditation



I'm a big fan of Dr. Andrew Weil, and I am also a proponent of deep breathing for stress management, pain relief, and general relaxation.  I have a new IPad that I am having a ball with, and while playing on it last weekend I ran across this video on You Tube.  It's 3 minutes long, so you can fit it into your schedule, Dr. Weil's voice is soothing but not annoying, and being more conscious of your breathing can bring a multitude of health benefits (not the least of which is lowering your blood pressure-----worked for me!).  Take a moment to click on this meditation and breath with Dr. Weil, and then add it to your favourites list to do at least once a day.