"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, July 17, 2009

DHEA and Vitamin D

I take both Vitamin D and DHEA (under a doctor's supervision---be sure to check with your doctor before adding any supplements to your diet/routine) and so I was interested in this article in the Personal Liberty Digest. Reseach by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition shows that a combination of Vitamin D and DHEA is beneficial to bone health. Now I am off to have my protein shake and then "shake it" in the condo pool, which will have a triple benefit: exercise, a dose of Vitamin D (it's already hot and sunny here in Charlotte) and I love the peace that comes with exercising outdoors. Have a great day, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. How does DHEA effect you? I just started progonol and my M.D. said to take DHEA as well, but I read the side effects are scary. My hair is already falling out and I have palpitations. Does it help you? I'm nervous about taking it. I am a mess on the hormones, the low thyroid, the low cortisol, basically zippo on the progesterone...tired...blah blah blah at 41. I eat very healthy, but I only have one ovary and that got tied up 3 years ago. Have endometriosis....are you on HRT? If so, is it working for you? Is it expensive? Just found your blog. I searched for you after seeing a post you did on Amazon. (I am no longer a vegan according to my old blog posts but a vegetarian willing to do anything to feel better.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been taking DHEA for about 3 years now with no side effect other than the occasional (maybe one a week or less) chin hair that is easily plucked. I am on BHRT and it has absolutely changed my life for the better. Email me and I can send you a list of resources on BHRT. Best wishes to good health!

    ReplyDelete