"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, July 3, 2009

No bones about it------

I had my DEXA (bone density scan) about three weeks ago, and got the results today from my pain management physician, Dr. Mark Hines (if you live in the Piedmont of NC and need a doctor for pain management----he is terrific-----and he is very supportive of my hormone therapy). Two years ago when I had the study done, I had osteopenia, which is the precursor to osteoporosis. Now, after two years on hormone therapy, supplements, good clean living, etc. --- drum roll please ---- my hip and femur bone measurements, and my spine are BACK IN NORMAL RANGE (and not just barely in normal range, there was a significant improvement)!!! Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance (on strong bones!) I'm so excited and proud!

Hope everyone has a terrific, safe, healthy 4th of July weekend! Don't forget to hydrate, it's pretty hot in most areas of the country now. I may or may not be back over the weekend with a "real" post, but definitely on Monday Holy Horomones will be back on schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment