"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Sunday, July 25, 2010

Scientists taking vitamin D in droves

Although this article is from the Canadian press (the Globe and Mail) ---- the controversy of how much Vitamin D to take is alive in well in the US also. Full disclosure, I take 5000 IUs daily, have been for at least 4 years under doctor supervision, and damn it, my levels were still too low at my last blood work in May! I upped it to 10,000 for 60 days, and now I am out in the sun for about 40 minutes a day because I work out in the outdoor swimming pool. I'm due for blood work soon and hopefully it will show nice healthy levels this time. I attribute part of the fact that my levels were low when I had blood work done in April to a harsh "winter" here in Charlotte---it was much colder, snowier and miserable than any winter in recent memory. I was out and about, but sure not getting any sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment