"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, July 9, 2010

Thyroid information

If you are not already subscribed to Mary Shomon's Thyroid newsletter, think about doing so. I do not agree with everything she says, but her newsletters provide some valuable information for those of us who are dealing with thyroid issues (remember, thyroid is a hormone). This week's newsletter (comes out on Friday) has two particularly useful articles. The first is on how to save money on prescription medications (this could be useful for other meds you take besides thyroid medication(s)).

The second article is helpful tips on dealing with/fighting with your insurance company (something I am all too familiar with). I actually fought my insurance company over payment for my bioidentical hormones, after 13 months they finally gave in and they cover the creams at about 65% (regular prescriptions are at 80%). It's worth the hassle---although sometimes in the middle of it, I had thoughts of giving up.

I know much of the East Coast is still really struggling with the heat wave. We hit 100 degrees in Charlotte yesterday, by the weekend we will "cool off" to about 90. I wonder if Mother Nature is having a hot flash? Yeah, that's it! Have a great weekend, stay cool, and most importantly, stay hydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment