"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Symptoms of Menopause Can Be Relieved by Weight Loss

I love articles like this----just lose weight and your hot flashes won't be as severe. Never mind that women who are hormone deficient often don't have enough energy to get through the day, and that it is well established that peri/menopausal hormone issues can cause weight gain. Add to that the still way too many doctors who, when a woman reports menopause symptoms, just writes out a prescription for anti depressants. What are the two most common side effects of anti-depressants? That's right, weight gain and feeling tired. I had to get my hormones balanced (and I am here to tell you the progesterone cream cured my hot flashes in 3 days), then with the added energy from hormone balance, I was able to start an exercise program and focus on healthy eating. Then the weight started to come off. Most doctors do not get this, which is why I encourage women to seek out a physician who is an expert in bioidentical hormones, not someone who is just willing to play around with hormone doses until the patient either feels better or goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment