"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, September 18, 2010

Stay Sharp

Good morning! I ran into this article from USAWeekend.com on ways to keep our minds sharp as we age. It's interesting reading, I was particularly interested in the paragraphs about Googling and growing new brain cells.

Speaking of exercising----I just got a new pair of the Sketchers sneakers with the curved soles. My pain managment doctor recommended them---said it really helps with propioception (balance). He cautioned me, however, to start out slowly so I don't fall off them (how embarassing would that be to end up in the ER with the explanation ---"uh, I fell off my workout shoes!") Do any of you have these shoes, what has been your experience with them? Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment