"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, September 9, 2010

Vitamin D Levels and Vaginal Infections

This is one study I hadn't heard about before, but it does make sense. Check out this article from EmPowHer.com ----- a study done of pregnant women showed a marked increase in vaginal infections in women with low levels of Vitamin D. Since Vitamin D helps the immune system, this makes sense. I am one of those lucky women who have not had a vaginal infection in years, but then again I haven't been on antibiotics in years (and trust me when I tell you that BHRT will boost your immune system big time)----and back in the day, I used to be on antibioitics all the time (I taught in a public school). The doctor that I had at that time just routinely handed me a prescription for Monostat along with the antibiotic prescription.

No comments:

Post a Comment