"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, September 30, 2010

Why belly fat increases in women after the age of 40 & what to do about it

This article was of interest to me (I've lost over 100 pounds now, but still struggle with the belly fat issue) and I am sure it will be to many of you also. It's from the Sacramento Examiner.com, and you can click here to read the entire article.

Sketchers update ---- for those of you new to the blog, I finally bought a pair of the Sketcher's Shape Up workout shoes, and since several people emailed me to ask how I was doing with them, I decided to update them on the blog. I wore them Monday for a fitness walk, made it about 1.5 miles (that's pretty good for me, my back can't walk more than that even on a good day). I did pretty well ---- I walk with the Nordic Walking poles. The next morning, I could feel a bit of tightening in my gluteal (butt) muscles, so I think they do work out the muscles differently. I have now worn them to three circuit training classes at the YMCA, and the only thing I have to be very careful of is stepping up on one of the fitness ramps---it moves my foot out of allignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment