"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, October 29, 2010

Brisk walkers have lower breast cancer risk

This study is getting a lot of press (at least 10 articles popped up on the newsfeed this morning) --- this one is from Stuff.nz.co. (New Zealand). Women who exercise regularly, according to the latest study, have a lower incidence of breast cancer--even if they didn't start exercising regularly until later in life (like me....is 46 considered later in life?) One of the reasons I love spring and fall in NC is that the mild weather really entices me to get out and walk around our subdivision (I can make it on a good back day about 1.5 miles)----I plug my IPod into my ears, and use the Nordic Walking Poles (love those---really increases your upper body workout).

No comments:

Post a Comment