"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, October 14, 2010

FDA: Osteoporosis Drugs May Raise Thigh Fracture Risk

I had at least 4 people ask me about this yesterday....I wasn't home much of the day so until I sat down at the computer this morning, I wondered why all the sudden interest in the osteoporosis drugs. Apparently yesterday the FDA issued a warning about the increased risk of thigh bone fractures in patients using these medications-----click here to read more about it from the WebMD.com site. I'm so grateful that my doctor is dead set against these drugs...we cured my osteopenia with Vitamin D3, daily weight bearing exercise, and of course, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment