"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wednesday Bubble me this: end the ‘silent suffering’

I know I have brought up this topic before ---- but it makes me so sad when I get emails from women who tell me that having sex with their partner is difficult or impossible because of vaginal dryness. Usually in the next sentence they tell me that their doctor either doesn't want to discuss it with them (which really upsets me---my doctor and I talk about EVERYTHING!) I was heartened to see that the International Menopause Society has chosen to publicize the issue and encourage greater communication between doctors and their patients. I ran across this blog on Wordpress called Flash Free (dealing with menopausal issues) and the author dealt with the subject in this post ---click here to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment