"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, November 20, 2010

Choosing apples over cookies may help bone health

Yeah, but the cookies taste better (just kidding, calm down.) Here's a study published by the American Journal of Nutrition that seems to indicate a correlation between healthier eating and bone density (not that it's a big surprise). I'm glad I finally got my act together and started taking care of myself before my osteopenia (former osteopenia) got any worse---I'm seeing an increase in fractures in women not that much older than my sprightly 52 years. I do not want to be in that category. Check out this article from The VancouverSun.com for more details----and then go eat an apple!

No comments:

Post a Comment