"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, November 29, 2010

Osteoporosis isn’t just a women’s disease

While I agree with most of this article from the DuxberyTimes.com---- especially the point that men are also affected by osteoporosis, especially as they get into their 60's and beyond, I want to make one cautionary point. The end of the article says something about all patients need to be taking calcium and Vitamin D ----- please check with your doctor before starting any new supplements, particularly calcium. Patients who have a personal history of heart disease, or who have heart issues in their families, may not be candidates for calcium. I have never taken calcium, and after I got my hormones balanced, got on a regieme of Vitamin D3, and started regular exercise, my osteopenia was resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment