"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

I'll be back later with a real post-----but I wanted to share this picture with all my readers.

My mom would have been 90 years old today (she passed in 1998)---and this picture is her being awarded the Bronze Star while serving as a nurse in World War II. That was at a time when women didn't have the opportunities that they have today, and I always say a lot of people can say their dads/granddads were in WW2, but not an awful lot can say their moms were!

Mom, her brother Jack, and sister Betty (I called her Aunt Rocky) were all in the service at the same time---I cannot imagine what my maternal grandmother went through. Mom never talked much about her time in the Army (she had me about 12 years after she was discharged, she married relatively late in life) but I am so glad I have these pictures. I love you and miss you!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful picture. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    Cathy in CA

    ReplyDelete