"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, March 6, 2012

ALWAYS consult your physician first-----

But I thought I would share with you this PDF on McKenzie exercises, they are often prescribed for sciatica pain (hot topic at the gym today!). I hope you never need it, but just in case.......

Have a great day, everyone. I did the hardest workout I have done in a month today (still recovering from the back thing) and it felt great, but I know this afternoon I will have some "playing quietly" time, which means laying down with an ice pack, and reading, knitting, or working on my new obsession of kumihimo (my hand work is actually a great stress reliever for me, and has been an immense help in dealing with chronic pain issues----if you don't have a hobby, I strongly suggest finding something that you like and can do with passion, it greatly adds to the quality of life!)