"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Sunday, March 25, 2012

Warning: Extra hormones in the house

I went through this at our house as I was a later in life (my  mother was 37 when I was born, a year aftre her first marriage but my father's second go around).  I was in the throes of puberty, Mom was in peri/menopause (and maintained until her dying day that she sailed through menopause with no problems whatsoever----I beg to differ).  Add to that my father (pack a day smoker and an alcoholic) had his first heart attack 2 weeks before my 14th birthday, then had a second cornonary and died 2 months after my 15th birthday (he and I were not close----he had already raised one family and I was shall we say unexpected), leaving my mother as a single working parent.  Let's just say it was uh-----moody at my house. 

Good article to share with you today from the Minneapolis StarTribune.com; this is a more common issue today as women are more routinely having children later in life.  Hang in there, everyone, my mother and I got along great (mostly) after I turned about 16-17!