"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another "slam" at BHRT

Ran across this article this morning in the Huffington Post----I about flipped when I read that the author knew personally of no doctor who still prescribes Premarin or Provera. Not a full week goes by that I don't get at least one (usually more) emails from women who have been prescribed some sort of Premarin by their doctor, and most refuse to take it. I, of course, responded to the article (I posted my response below), and I encourage all of you to click on the article and respond. Have a great Sunday, everyone!

While I am not a fan of Suzanne Somers (I think her version of BHRT protocol is over the top) I take bioidentical hormone replacement therapy ---- and it has drastically improved the quality of my life. I'm off seven medications, down 80 pounds from my high weight, and have more energy now than I did at 30 (I'm 51). Progesterone cream cured my seasonal allergies, acid reflux, and restless leg syndrome in less than a week. My ADD is controlled to the point of no longer needing Ritalin or other stimulant. If the author thinks few doctors are prescribing Premarin or Provera for menopausal symptoms (and to get the patient quickly out of their office) I'm sorry, but I get emails every single week from women who have been prescribed these drugs---and most are looking for an alternative. Please check out my blog at http://holyhormones.blogspot.com for more information on BHRT and related women's health issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment