"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, June 29, 2009

In Old Age, Friends Can Keep You Young. Really

By ANITA HAMILTON Anita Hamilton – Fri Jun 26, 12:40 am ET
Time Magazine

Going to the ballpark, visiting friends and playing bingo are simple diversions for many of us. But for the elderly, these social pastimes may play a critical role in preserving their physical and mental health. Click here for the rest of the article...

Note from Andrea: I know without a doubt that social interaction helps keep people healthy, I just got back from the YMCA and my water aerobics workout, and I love to see the group interacting with each other. It's been a great networking experience for those new to the area, and my water aerobics group meets once a month for a luncheon. Most of these ladies are old enough to be my mother (and then some) and are still leading active, vital lives. I tell them all the time I want to be them when I grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment