"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Should patients post reviews of doctors?

Posted: Tuesday, Jun. 02, 2009

Karen Garloch writes on Health for The Charlotte Observer. Her column appears each Monday.
E-mail Karen Garloch (704) 358-5078

Angie's List was started 14 years ago to provide consumers with a list of home contractors and reviews by people who had used their services.

Just over a year ago, the Indianapolis-based company expanded to include reviews of doctors and other health-care professionals, an addition that co-founder Angie Hicks says has been very popular with subscribers.

Hicks, who visited Charlotte last week, said the number of health-care categories on the list has tripled to 150, and about a quarter of the postings are now related to health care. Read the rest of the story by clicking here...

I'm curious to know what you alll think of this---------I have posted positive reviews of both of my physicians, Dr. Carr (hormonal care) and Dr. Hines (pain management physician in Huntersville). While the temptation is great to post nasty reviews of a few physicians/health care providers I have had in the past, it's not something I would do. I would, however, post that I was very unhappy with a physician's care and that I wouldn't return to his/her office. I also would not sign a waiver/gag order as described in the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment