"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, March 13, 2010

Some with MS already use estriol - if they can get it

Articles like this make me want to grind my teeth (into the nearest FDA official!). Estriol is the weakest of the three forms of estriol, and many women (including me) have been successfully using it for vaginal dryness. Works great, it's cheap, and my insurance covers it. It breaks my heart that so many MS patients who could benefit from using it are denied by doctors who are scared of the FDA, or don't know enough (and apparently don't take the time to learn) about the efficacy and safety of this hormone. Check out this article from the PhiladelphiaEnquirer.com for the complete story.

No comments:

Post a Comment