"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, March 13, 2010

Take a mind-body approach to treating depression, anxiety

There's a reason anti-depressants are huge money makers for the drug companies---it seems like half the world is on them at one time or another. I am not saying there is never a need for antidepressants, but ladies, as we reach peri/menopause, what we have is a hormone deficiency, not a Celexa/Paxil/Wellbutrin/Effexor deficiency! Check out this article from the TimesTranscript.com ----- some good information about the underlying causes of depression and factors to look at (including hormonal changes). I spent literally years on antidepressants before I got my hormones balanced. I have not taken an antidepressant in about 3 1/2 years (it was the last drug I weaned from after getting my hormones back in order).

No comments:

Post a Comment