"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Diet, exercise and vitamin D help SAD sufferers

Seasonal Affective Disorder is a real condition ---- and I had it bad when I lived in Upstate NY and often didn't see the sun for a week or more at a time. It's one of the reasons I moved south.

I ran across this article from Ifpress.com that gives a quick outline of SAD, the symptoms and treatments. Note that is says besides the light therapy (that works for some people, not all, I had one of the SAD lights up north and I do think it made a difference) and getting out to exercise, it is important to have an "adequate" Vitamin D level (I would replace the word adequate with optimal, and remember Vitamin D is really not a vitamin but is a prohormone).

No comments:

Post a Comment