"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Health Buzz: Echinacea Does Not Cure Colds

I heard this on last night's national news, and this morning the newsfeeds are full of articles about the latest findings on the herbal supplement echinacea.....this one is from USNewsandWorldReport.com. Apparently a study done with 700 participants of varying ages, the supplement was found to reduce the duration of a cold by no more than a half day (if that, that amount could be attributed to just chance) and had only a minimal effect on the severity of a cold.

I've never taken echinacea----but I have friends who swear by it. Since I got my hormones balanced and started taking Vitamin D3 (almost 4 1/2 years now), I've had only two very light colds......my immune system seems to be very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment