"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, December 16, 2010

The sanity pause

I'm a big believer in meditation ---- I have used it for pain management and stress management. I don't celebrate the holiday season (and that's its own stress!) but I know that from talking to my friends over the last few weeks, many are feeling overwhelmed by all that they have to do/participate in over the next few weeks. I ran across this article in today's Charlotte Observer that explains a few of the basics of meditation.

Another meditation tip if you have an IPhone ---- I have downloaded several apps from ITunes from Andrew Johnson. They are meditation programs, I have one for losing weight, one for sleep and another for positivity. His voice has a Scottish brouge that I just love, and I find listening to one of his podcasts really helps me to focus. There are a bunch of different apps out there, you just have to find the best one for you.

Rainy and cold here today in Charlotte, hope everyone is staying safe and warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment