"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Resolve to make your menopausal health a priority

First of all, today is a good day. One of my friends had a health scare, but she got great news today---no cancer. Whew. Double whew!

The title of today's article from KPVINews.com caught my eye ---- Resolve to make your menopausal health a priority. Normally I do not make resolutions because when I don't keep them I feel like a failure, but I believe every woman who is not already doing so should resolve/promise themselves that they are going to take care of their peri/menopausal health in 2011. Many of you already are (pats on the back to you!). Some ideas for making menopausal health a priority:

  • Learn all you can about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy so that you can discuss it with your doctor intelligently (and I am willing to bet that some of you could actually educate your doctor about bioidentical hormones, way too many doctors still don't know much about it!)
  • Make a list of questions to take with you to your next office visit. I even do this when I have a phone consult with Dr. Carr---I email him the list of questions ahead of time, then we can go over the answers and I can take notes.
  • Understand that no question is too embarassing to talk to your doctor about, and if you find it embarassing and/or uncomfortable (or he or she does!), think about finding another doctor!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that Stress Management is becoming more and more important in today's corporate environment amidst such a great competition and expectation to perform better. So, it is the organizational responsibility to arrange for stress therapy management programs for their employees, in order to get maximum out of them.

    ReplyDelete