"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Getting Women To Wake Up And ... Discuss Insomnia

Read this article from MediaPostPublications.com blogs and see if it frustrates you as much as it did me. It talks about a study done that shows 61% of menopausal women have sleep issues (I'm a little surprised the percentage isn't even higher.) What makes me crazy is that of those women who are having sleep issues, 62% of them have not bothered to talk to their doctor about it! Sleep deprivation is bad enough on its own, but it can also contribute to/exacerbate other health problems.

I know it's hard because I have been there (I used to think I attracted jackass health care professionals), but you have to be able to talk to your doctor about your health issues, and if you can't, you need to reevaluate your relationship with your doctor. If she/he seems too busy to be bothered with you, that's detrimental to your health and you need to look at finding another health care provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment