However, I have one New Year's project/resolution that absolutely every one of you can keep. Before next Monday, sit down at your computer and compile (or update) your health history. Include:
- Name, full address, and telephone number
- Surgical history (for me this is a big one---I had 15 surgeries post accident and there is no way I could remember them all without a written list)
- Current medications (name, dose, frequency)
- All bioidentical hormones (names, dosages)
- Supplements/Vitamins (complete list, this is important especially if you see more than one doctor)
- Names, specialty, and phone number of every doctor who is treating you
- Emergency contacts
I'm updating my list this afternoon, and I always keep a copy in my purse. I also make sure any physician that treats me has an updated copy of the list (trust me, doctors love it when a patient does this!), and I give a copy to any new physician that treats me.
Don't make excuses, don't put it off-----DO IT! And have a happy, healthy, peaceful 2011.