"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sorry I haven't posted today-----

I was out of the house all day today, one of my friends is having a medical issue and I took her into Charlotte for a medical test. Keep her in your thoughts/prayers.

I know many of you join me in sadness at the passing of Elizabeth Edwards. I had the absolute joy of meeting her once; she was in Charlotte in 2006 for a book signing. She spoke to the audience for about 30 minutes before she signed the books, and she was just an absolute delight, warm, funny, articulate, and loving. I was still into rubber stamping at the time, and I had made a bunch of pink bookmarks to give to my friends to commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I took three of the bookmarks to the signing, and gave them to her---one for her, one for Cate (her oldest daughter) and one for Emma Claire. She grasped both of my hands and told me how blessed I was to have such talent, and how much she appreciated handcrafted gifts. I thought about that exchange yesterday and both smiled and cried. I hope the outpouring of affection and respect for this great woman will sustain her family in the days ahead. Blessed be.

1 comment:

  1. I so agree with you about the passing of Elizabeth Edwards. I am upset about her passing and have been thinking about her all day. I watched her on the Nate Show and have followed her story since 2004. She was a remarkable woman with courage and class and will be greatly missed. I followed her passion for life and loved her story about opening the red window store. Sending prayers to her children.

    ReplyDelete