"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Optimal Treatment for Hypothyroidism: Erika Schwartz, MD

I know that many of my readers suffer from hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) along with their other hormonal imbalances. I am hypothyroid myself, so I know how lousy it makes you feel. So many women tell me that their doctor prescribes only Synthroid or Levoxyl for them, without taking into account their T3 function (T3 is the active part of the thyroid). I take Levoxly for my T4 and a compounded preparation (prescription) for my T3. Check out this article from About.com --- Dr. Erika Schwartz talks about thyroid function and the need for both T4 and T3 managment.

1 comment:

  1. Always remember that other key points you need to know before buying a desiccated porcine supplements to avoid potentially harmful and/or costly mistakes!

    ReplyDelete