"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, October 28, 2009

10 Reasons Not to Skimp on Sleep

I cannot overemphasize the importance of a good night's sleep-----and believe me, I know nighttime can be (no pun intended) a nightmare for menopausal women. It's a vicious cycle, you don't sleep well at night, so you are dragging during the day, and you are so tired you are miserable and depressed, and you are having hot flashes/night sweats that interupt your sleep---sound familiar? I've been there, and I still do not sleep as well as I would like to, although the hormones do help tremendously. Melatonin helps too (and it is a powerful antioxidant), it's worked for me better than all the sleepig medications I took back in the day. This article from US News and World Report details 10 important health benefits of getting a good night's sleep. Sweet dreams tonight, and if you have any tips that help you sleep better, leave a comment and let us all know how you cope!

No comments:

Post a Comment