"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, October 29, 2009

Impact of Pregnancy and Menopause on Asthma

I'm including this article from TestCountry.com to alert my blog readers to the fact that hormones can absolutely affect asthma and allergies. I have personally spoken to several women who were able to dramatically reduce or altogether eliminate thier asthma medications after they got their hormones (bioidentically) balanced. I do not have asthma, but I have had lifelong seasonal allergies that got worse when I moved from NY to NC in 2004 (Charlotte is in the top 5 cities in the US for severity of allergy symptoms). I started bioidentical hormones in September 2006---right about the time I would have gone back on Allegra (or whatever I was taking at the time), and the progesterone so quickly cured my allergies I haven't taken any medication since.

No comments:

Post a Comment