"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, October 12, 2009

Women with breast cancer have low vitamin D levels

Lots of articles about breast cancer popping up on my newsfeeds (I think it's because it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month)-----this article from Physorg.com discusses the high probability of women with breast cancer having low levels of Vitamin D (I just heard on Dr. Oz last week that almost 70% of the US population in general is Vitamin D deficient-----that's scary!)

If you live in the Southeast, you certainly are not going to get your Vitamin D from the sun today----here in NC, it's rainy, gray and icky (I do not believe that's a meteorological term, but it's a good description of the atmosphere). I have already been to the gym today, and now I am settling in at home to read, knit and work on a couple other projects (this weather makes my back crazy). Hope whatever the weather, you are having a good start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment