"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, January 30, 2010

HEALTH Caring for menopausal skin

From the MayoNews.com (no, it's not the Mayo Clinic) ---- an article on how to cope with the changes in menopausal skin. I get a lot of women telling me how terribly dry and itchy their skin becomes as they reach peri/menopause. Be aware that thyroid problems can cause skin to get very dry also, it's something you might want to discuss with your health care provider. I know once I got my thyroid straightened out, it's a lot easier to keep my skin soft (I'm pretty careful about using body moisturizer daily, as I swim year round at least 3-4 days a week and the chlorine can wreak havoc on skin).

1 comment:

  1. Great information from the MayoNews (and d'oh, I thought that was the Mayo Clinic, too!). Here's another good article on meno/perimenopause and skin from Women to Women. Dry skin, aging skin in menopause It's all about hormonal balance when it comes to healthy skin! And good for you for swimming 3-4 times a week. That will go a long way in keeping you young!

    ReplyDelete