"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, January 22, 2010

Radiation dose less with digital mammograms

Talk about Serendipity----I just got my reminder to schedule a mammogram (I asked my doctor and he wants me to continue to get them every year, meaning he does not agree with the guidelines that came out a few months ago), and this article from Reuter's appears on my newsfeed. Digital mammography is not available in every area yet (I've been getting the digital mammography here in Charlotte for about 3 years), but when it is available, it is now believed to be safer because of the lower radiation doses. Have a great day, everyone, and if you are due for a mammogram, get busy and get it scheduled!

No comments:

Post a Comment