"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

OK, I have to brag a little----

I am always at the gym in the morning when the Dr. Oz show airs at 10 am, so I tape it every day and then watch it either in the afternoon or early evening. Today I got through the first 10 minutes of the show ----- and then had to try out one of the ideas on the show. Dr. Oz brought a lady out of the audience and had her do push ups (from her knees). There was a chart on the screen that said a fit woman of 50 should be able to do 7 push ups. I got down on the floor in my bedroom, assumed the position for push ups, and ...............(drum roll please)...................did NINE push ups!!!!!! I guarantee you that before I started BHRT three years ago that there is absolutely NO WAY I could have done even one push up......I'm dead serious. I still have a ways to go in my weight loss (and I need to really stay on top of myself about eating healthy and thinking about what I put in my mouth) but right now I am so proud of myself for accomplishing as much as I have in my fitness goals. I work out just about every day (usually take Sundays off except for some light stretching), and every single day I bless bioidentical hormones for giving me the energy and drive to make the second half of my life healthier than the first. I also get my energy from all the readers of my blog-----educating women about bioidentical hormone therapy has enriched my life greatly in this lasty year. I learn as much from you all as you do from me, maybe even more. Have a great evening, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment