"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, December 11, 2009

Exercise can help overcome stress of holidays

I don't think anyone is saying that exercising your way through this season will completely eliminte your holiday stress----but it can help. I don't celebrate the holiday season at all, but since I live in a very conservative, "what do you mean you don't celebrate Christmas, I've never heard of that" part of the country, I get very, very stressed this time of year. I find keeping a regular routine really helps, I workout my normal 6 days a week, even if it means I do a workout at home when the gym isn't open or classes are cancelled (just found out we have not water aerobics classes on Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve----damn). Check out this article from the Oregon Statesman-Journal.com on exercise and holiday stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment