"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Menopause-Cardiology Consensus Statement On Cardiovascular Disease And On HRT

My only comment on this article from RedOrbit.com is that it is absolutely crucial that you not only talk to your doctor about hormonal therapy (assuming your doctor knows what he/she is talking about----and sadly, in some cases that's a huge IF) and that you get a hormone panel done to assess your level of hormone deficiency. Too many women telling me that their doctors are just sticking an estrogen patch on them without doing any blood work (a lot of women are estrogen dominant----I'm one of them---my estrogen levels are still premenopausal), but many are deficient in progesterone. I know the progesterone cream cured my hot flashes in about 3 days. Talk to your doctor, and if you feel your doctor has insufficient knowledge/interest in balancing your hormones bioidentically, then you need to find another doctor. Email me if you want a list of resources to help you find a doctor/compounding pharmacy in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment