"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, December 19, 2009

Health and Well-Being: Stress interrupts a good night's sleep

It's ironic that I am posting this article from Newburyportnews.com today----I have been up since about 5:30 am! I did, however, sleep fairly well up until then (sleep issues are a chronic challenge for me, although with the melatonin I do much better than I did). Sleep is important at every time of the year, but it's especially important to get adequate rest this time of year when so many of us are burning the candle at both ends.

Hope my blog readers on the East Coast stay safe during this weekend's snowstorm---my area of NC only got about 1-2" of snow, but the storm is heading up the coast and sounds like it will be a whopper. Don't get out in it if you don't have to!

1 comment:

  1. We spend one third of our life sleeping. Not doing it properly means our body is not getting the rest and healing that it needs.

    Recent studies have also shown that not getting enough sleep can lead to obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and decreased life span.

    Studies have even shown that not getting enough sleep can cause changes to our brains.

    Thank you for your post and highlighting the fact that sleep is so important.

    Living on the east coast, I am one of your readers that has to deal with the 10-14 inches of snow that is coming.

    Happy Holidays!

    -NJ
    http://www.neckpainsupport.com

    ReplyDelete