"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Warning, Osteoporosis is a Threat Affecting Women With Menopause

A quick little read from 2Articles.com overviewing osteoporosis----something that should be of concern to every woman at every age. I think learning I had osteopenia about four years ago spurred me to start taking better care of myself, and I am now pleased to say that with dietary changes, a regular exercise regimen, supplements, and of course, biodientical hormones, not only do I no longer have osteopenia, but my last DEXA scan showed my bone density measurements to be comfortably in the normal range. I am thrilled, of course, as are my doctors. I fell a couple weeks ago --- pretty hard, actually, and didn't get hurt, whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment