"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, December 5, 2009

Knowing What’s Worth Paying for in Vitamins

Ugh. On the one hand, The NY Times is telling us that the chain stores are a good place to purchase vitamins, and on the other hand, most of our doctors are telling us that we need to purchase "pharmaceutical grade" vitamins (at a much higher cost.). I try really hard to find a balance, my vitamin bill is over $250 per month and it is killing my budget. One supplement, Cortisol Manager, is over $40 per month alone.

I'm sharing this article with you to make you think, question your doctor/health care practitioner/pharmacist about what you need to be taking (and don't be afraid to have an honest discussion with your doctor about the costs involved in vitamins---I know sometimes they aren't really aware of how quickly the costs add up!) I do have a personal recommendation---I have had good success with ordering from Total Discount Vitamins (no, they are not paying me to tell you this----I just did my research online)---be sure to sign up for their newsletter to get special monthly discount codes. They have good prices on my Diaxinol (glucose support) and the above mentioned Cortisol Manager. Leave me a comment if you have good online pharmacy recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment