"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hormone replacement therapy tied to mental benefits

My usual caveat is talk to your doctor----but I absolutely disagree with the part of this article from Reuters that states that women should use the lowest dose of hormone therapy (the dose should be a physiological dose, what works for one woman does not necessarily work for another) and for the shortest possible time (I plan to take bioidentical hormones for the rest of my life---I doubt that as I reach my late 50's and early 60's that I am going to spontaneously start generating hormones again---good grief). The bioidentical hormones do so much more than alleviate menopausal symptoms, as my blood work, DEXA scan results will attest. I know without a doubt the progesterone (bioidentical) that I take has helped with mental clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment