"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, April 23, 2009

Possible Link Between Asthma Severity and Vitamin D Levels

I went to a health seminar last night (all three women doctors were dead set against biodientical hormones, calling it merely a "marketing term") but near the end of the talk, they did address the issue of Vitamin D deficiency. They recommended taking at least 2000 IU's daily, and possibly more (I take 5000 IU's and do great). This morning, this article popped up on my news finder about a possible link between Vitamin D deficiency and Asthma in children, which I find interesting. I know many doctors feel there is a hormonal link to asthma and allergies, and I can tell you that once I started the BHRT in 2006 I never had to take another antihistamine. Hmmm, I wonder--------

A beautiful, sunny, lovely day here in Charlotte, NC. I just got a copy of Dr. Ron Brown's book, The Youth Effect, from the library, so I am going to settle in on the porch to read. Dr. Brown is widely regarded as the expert in Charlotte, NC on biodentical hormone replacement therapy. I'll let you know how the book is! Have a great, healthy safe and balanced day, everyone! We're over 2000 hits on the blog, thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment