"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Friday, August 7, 2009

Benefits of exercise

This morning's post is from Bella Online's menopause page----listing the benefits of exercise for women in their peri/menopausal years. Although I had gotten on exercise "kicks" over the years, I never exercised regularly until three years ago when I went on BHRT. I now either go to the YMCA or exercise at home about 6 days a week, and I am so much healthier because of it. It has increased my strength, balance, flexibility, and I am certain contributed to the improvement in my bone density study results this year. It's now as much a part of my day as breathing, but I have a tough time convincing most of my friends of the benefits. Have a great weekend, everyone----don't forget to stay hydrated, it's pretty hot in most parts of the country, here in Charlotte we will be in the mid 90's through early next week. I am now off to swim in my condo pool......

No comments:

Post a Comment