"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So much for unbiased journalism-----

This article from The Thaindian News made me laugh----I'm guessing the author of the article (not named) is neither a fan of Suzanne Somers, nor very knowledgeable about bioidentical hormones. The first sentence of the last paragraph was particularly funny (the one about her being known to have regular vaginal injections of hormones)----for God's sake, just in this country alone likely hundreds of thousands of women are using estriol cream for vaginal dryness (a common menopause issue)----it's not that exotic and certainly medically indicated. That being said, I still roll my eyes every time someone talks about the 60 plus pills a day that Ms. Somer's takes as vitamins/supplements-----but then again, most of my friends are rolling their eyes at the 12-14 pills I take a day----supplements recommended by my doctor. To each his/her own!

1 comment:

  1. Yup...Unbiased for sure!!, LOL

    As for supplements, I take 8 a day and you should see some of the looks i get.. Like you alreay said..to each his own...

    ReplyDelete