"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Thursday, August 20, 2009

Menopause Flexibility Yoga and Tai Chi

I know some of you are thinking "I can barely drag myself out of bed in the morning, and she's talking about exercise?" Trust me, I've been there, until I started on bioidentical hormones, exercising regularly would be the furthest thought from my mind! I started working out right around the time I started the hormones, and it has improved the quality of my life dramatically. I'm not setting any records, but I do two weight workouts a week, three days of swim, and 2-3 days of balance ball exercises (I have a very bad back so I need to keep my core strength up). Bella Online's menopause page today talks about incorporating Tai Chi and Yoga into your exercise regime------I want to get back to yoga classes (with some modifications) and I have never tried Tai Chi---something to look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment