"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Monday, August 3, 2009

Living near mammography unit may improve outcomes

Since I have never lived in a truly rural area, I had never thought of this before, so I was intrigued by this article from Reuters on proximity to mammography units and the correlation to breast cancer outcomes for women. I know in many parts of NC, the only mammography available is by mammography units that are in motorhomes and are driven from location to location. I do worry that in this recession----with money tight and people losing health insurance---that these types of tests are not being done and possible malignancies are being missed. You HAVE had your mammogram done within the last year, haven't you?? I have always been diligent about getting my yearly mammogram done, and now it's even easier and less uncomfortable....I had very cystic breasts until I went on BHRT, and I am amazed at how the lumpiness diminished within a couple months on the progesterone cream. One more reason to be hormonally balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment