"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blitzed by Menopause

I debated a little bit before I posted this------but since some people might find it helpful, I decided to share the link.

There is a relatively new (to me at least) website out there called Planet Sweet Pea, and they have just released a DVD designed to be watched by couples who are going through a wife's menopause. The DVD is entitled "Blitzed by Menopause", and you can watch the trailer at the website ---- click here. I watched the trailer a couple times, I didn't see anything harmful in it, but it wouldn't interest me since I'm not married, and it's basically designed for couples to watch together, hoping it will motivate the husband to be more sympathetic to what his wife is experiencing in menopause. Some of it appeared to be lighthearted, some of it serious, one segment is with a psychologist/counselor conducting a session with two couples.

I blogged about "Menopause the Musical" about a month or so back, and got a really tense email from someone who thought I was making fun of menopause struggles. Not at all, hey, I'm one of the many millions of women who really strugged with menopause, so I am absolutely empathetic to other's strugges. I also have a terrific sense of humour, and I went to see "Menopause the Musical" way before I got on BHRT. It made me laugh so hard my ribs hurt, and in fact, three weeks later I went to see it again with a second group of friends! Not everyone deals with any life issues the same way, so if the thought of a bunch of middle aged women singing about hot flashes (one lyric that comes to mind is "My personal summer is really a bummer") and other mid life issues bothers you, don't go see it!

Have a great day, everyone, after my water aerobics class today I am going to a "Lunch and Learn" about how to improve my balance----I hear the physical therapist who is presenting it is really cute (hey, hate to waste that testosterone boost!)

2 comments:

  1. I saw "Menopause the Musical" and thought if was hilarous. I took my Mother and Husband (what a great guy huh?) with me and we all thought it was funny. Now I just wish it would come to my area again so I could schedule a girlfriend night out to a musical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Deb, I do know it's on national tour again, and if it comes back to Charlotte, I'm there!

    ReplyDelete