"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Sunday, May 10, 2009

Methadone Frequently Causes Menopausal Symptoms in Young Women

Read the article here from Red Orbit. One of the things I found very interesting in the article is that narcotic drugs can also severely suppress hormones in young women. I was in a very bad car crash in in 1992, shattered my pelvis, broke both legs, crushed my hand, wrist and forearm, internal injuries. I was 33 at the time, and believe me, narcotic pain medication was part of my recovery. Thinking back, I now wonder if it didn't contribute to a lot of other problems, it was never mentioned to me by any doctor, including my doctors at the Mayo Clinic or the Cleveland Clinic. Have a great Mother's Day, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea:

    We've met at several health meeting. I'll spend some time reading your blog today. I'll take "premartin" for the vagina dryness. I'll have an website,
    I wanted you to read. I 'll have to get back with you.

    Carol@twitter..com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methadone is such a croc of crap for anyone wanting addiction treatment. It's so incredibly dangerous even when administered by a licensed nurse, and I can't even imagine the effects it has on women who are giving birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a relation between hypothyroidism and infertility in females. Low levels of thyroid hormones can intercede with ovulation, which can damage fertility. It happened to me recently. Great thing I came across bovine thyroid , it improved my thyroid levels.

    ReplyDelete