"Treat the disease, you win some, you lose some. Treat the patient, you always win."
~Patch Adams~



Wednesday, May 20, 2009

More about bones, progesterone, and anti-aging ..

HOLISTIC HEALTH NOTEBOOK

csimontacchi@earthlink.net

Last week I started a discussion about the role of progesterone and bone building. Dr. John Lee is undisputedly the world's foremost clinician on progesterone and hormone balancing. He spent considerable time investigating the wide-ranging effects of progesterone, including rebuilding bone.

Here are some snippets of information from his book and seminars:

A common medical treatment for osteoporosis is estrogen therapy, which may help to preserve bone throughout menopause and our senior years. Estrogen does not, however, rebuild bone. That is one of the roles of progesterone. Read the rest of the article by clicking here...

Note from Andrea: I am scheduled for my bone density test next month, the first one I have had since I went on BHRT. I am curious (and will report to my blog readers) as to how much my bone density has improved with the bioidentical hormones and the exercise regime.

No comments:

Post a Comment